Friday 21 January 2011

My new sketch journal

I think I've finally found a sketch journal to suit me. After sketching last Saturday, I was walking down Park Street in Bristol and popped into one of the millions of office supplies / stationary stores along the way. The search for the perfect sketch journal has become something of an addiction for me. I cannot walk past a shop that sells paper without sticking my head in to see if they've got something that will make me actually want to open it and decorate its pages with my scribbles.

So far, my search had been fruitless...

And then, last Saturday, I found it. And I've done more sketching this week than I've probably done in the last three months. Yay! Here's some of what I've done. You can click on the photos to enlarge them (although I can't promise they'll look any better).

The first sketch of the new journal... still struggling with the life drawing though...

But I'm working my way through Bridgman's Life Drawing and starting to get the hang of it.

I was in Suffolk for a few days this week and the gorgeous hotel I stay in has a fabulous open fireplace, which I had a go at sketching.

And finally, this is a table in my hotel room, which for some reason I felt compelled to draw.

Here's hoping the journal continues to work its mojo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment