Monday 17 October 2011

Bristol Cathedral at dusk

On Saturday night, whilst sitting in The Parlour at our exhibition, I noticed that the sky behind the Cathedral on College Green looked really dramatic, and so went outside to snap a couple of photos.



I'm still trying to figure out all the settings on my camera, so was just messing about with different exposures, but I think these photos turned out pretty well. I have a manual at home for my camera, but I've been too lazy to pick it up so far. To be honest, I quite like not knowing what I'm doing and just experimenting; mostly I get a nice surprise when I upload the photos later. In these ones, I love the contrast between the dark blue sky and the orange of the streetlamps. But I think I just got lucky. Maybe I should start studying the manual to learn how to replicate these effects when the meteorological conditions aren't quite so kind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment